The Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center is excited to be a part of one of the most important days of your life. Wedding planning can be quite overwhelming, but it’s our pleasure to connect you with the most trusted vendors in the local area - all in one location. Whether you are planning an elaborate or intimate affair, we have partnerships with over 50 vendors including caterers, photographers, florists, event planners, decorators, hotels, entertainment professionals and many more!
Check out our 2020 Bridal Show photo album
Due to COVID-19, our annual bridal show, which typically takes place the first Sunday in March, will not be taking place in 2021.
Continue visit this page and our Instagram for more wedding planning tips, Instagram lives, vendor features and highlights of the latest trends in the wedding industry.
Wedding Planning Timeline
Need help planning your big day? Don't know where to start? Here's some tips and resources you can use to begin and stay on track with planning your special day.
- Book the Riggs Alumni Center for Ceremony and/or Reception
- Are you an Alumni Association member? You receive our special member price.
- Hire a Wedding Planner
- Create a Save the Date Card
- Select a Caterer
- Decide on Music/Entertainment
- Hire a Photographer and/or Videographer
*Check out our vendor list for recommended photographers, florists, entertainment and more.
- Begin Wedding Dress Shopping
- Book a Hotel For Out-of-Town Guests (try The Hotel at the University of Maryland)
- Create a Wedding Website
- Take Engagement Photos
- Select & Order Wedding Invitations
- Buy Wedding Dress
- Select Bridal Party Attire
- Create the Save the Date Cards
- Create Wedding Registry (optional)
- Meet with Florist
- Select Makeup Artist/Beautician
- Book Rehearsal Venue
- Select Music (For Ceremony, Important Dances, Do-Not-Play List)
- Hire Officiant
- Coordinate Transportation
- Plan Honeymoon
- Order Groom & Groomsmen Attire
Rest, enjoy being engaged!
- Order Invitations
- Schedule Tastings with Caterers
- Order Wedding Cake
- Purchase Wedding Rings (& get sized)
- Schedule Hair & Makeup Trial
- Mail Invitations
- Create & Plan Menu
- Select/Create Favor (optional)
- Plan Ceremony
- Final Dress Fitting
- Pick up Marriage License
- Finalize Plans with Florist
- Pay Vendors in Full
- Riggs balance is due 2 weeks prior to event date
- Create a Seating Chart
- Final Venue Walk-Through with Coordinator
- Eat a Healthy Meal
- Drink Lots of Water
- Get Rest
- Pack Suitcase, Boxes, Survival Kits for Ceremony & Reception
- Stay Off Your Feet
- Eat Breakfast & Drink Water
- Steam Dress (if necessary)
- Lay out Items for Photographer (dress, rings, invite)
- Write Note to Your Partner
- Say Thank You to Everyone
- Enjoy Your Day!